Friday, November 9, 2007

Day 23 VLCD

November 9, 2007
Weight: 234.2
Down 2 pounds
Hello everyone, how I've missed communicating with you all! Could'nt get to my blog as the 1st week of the month is sooooo busy for me. Well I had a bit of a stall, but no worries, still got that downward motion going on. This is my 23rd day and I have lost a total of 20 pounds. Not bad at all! My weight stayed at 232 - 237 for 2 years doing low carb, so it aint liking giving it up!! I have been sneaking a peak at the other blogs when ever I could, so I have been getting the encouragment I needed. I will take some measurements and possibly pictures this weekend, although I don't know if there will be much of a difference to the eye. Yesterday, I went for some pre-screening tests for employment (trying to find a better job) and grabbed an old pair of favorite dress slacks. I zipped them up, and fastened the hook and let go. They fell to the floor! lol. That was very encouraging. I have, like I am sure, most of you, tons of clothes and shoes. Already, I need to put a pile in the yard sale box! I didn't think 20 pounds would show up that much in clothes. I have said it before and it bears repeating, This "Pounds & Inches" deal is great!
Well my eating is the same with the exception, that I don't always get the fruit in or the melba toast. I read the half and half discusions. I love the stuff too and have not been drinking my morning half cup of coffee because it just is not the same without it. I believe we all have something that we do on this protocol that helps to keep us sane. I believe our bodies "see" food by its' fat, protein, carbohydrate, etc. counts. It is my opinion that if Dr. Atkins could have worked with Dr. Simeons, this world would be in a lot better pysical shape! I truly believe that fat when not eaten with sugar or starch, will not turn to fat in the body. I lost so much weight on Atkins and have kept it for a few years now. I would just get tired of living without the carbs I like and stop low-carbing for long periods of time. I experimented with myself in food combinations and some would make me gain quick and others not at all, no matter how much I ate. I am beginning to think after reading the Phase 3 dieters comments day after day that Dr. Atkins' 2 week prep stage and HCG might be a great weightloss combination. If the diencephalon is set at a "weight point" and we are trying to reset it to a lower "weight point", why would green beans versus green spinach make a difference? I know Dr. S. said he didn't appreciate folks changing the "foods allowed list", but, wasn't that more of an "ego" thing? Much research has been done since and clinics have been administering the HCG all along with sucess using other diets. The one I went to for just 2 injections back in the 80's, before the doctor was killed, did not give out a diet plan and folks lost weight. The thing was, they did not follow the tapering off at the end either. I had a friend who lost a ton of weight but gained it all back. She never was hungry and ate very little, but to no avail eventually. Oh, well, I don't know, but will do some experimenting later down the road. For now I will be a good girl until I loose all I need to. Just my thoughts today! Thanks for all the comments. Great Day to all!
gracegiven2me

1 comment:

Amie said...

Great to have you back! I never tried Atkins, but I think you're right - if the two Drs. could have collaborated, I think we would have an even more AMAZING protocol to work with!

Thanks for the update, B - Happy Friday!